Faith Academy Middle School
The Middle School at Faith Academy offers a dynamic and relevant education preparing students to be Christ-like, lifelong learners. We aim for high academic standards within a collaborative and interactive environment.
MSD Mission Statement:
The mission of Faith Academy’s Middle School Division is to foster growth and development of the whole child with a Biblical worldview through active, purposeful engagement and authentic connections between staff, students, and learning.
As we fulfill this mission, we will see evidence that:
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Characteristics
- Educators value young adolescents and are prepared to teach them. (Value Young Adolescents)
- Students and teachers are engaged in active, purposeful learning. (Active Learning)
- Educators use multiple learning and teaching approaches. (Multiple Learning Approaches)
- Curriculum is challenging, exploratory, integrative, and relevant. (Challenging Curriculum)
- Varied and ongoing assessments advance learning as well as measure it. (Varied Assessments)
Leadership and Organization Characteristics
- A Shared vision developed by all stakeholders guides every decision. (Shared Vision)
- Leaders are committed to and knowledgeable about this age group, educational research, and best practices. (Committed leaders)
- Leaders demonstrate courage and collaboration. (Courageous and Collaborative Leaders)
- Ongoing professional development reflects best educational practices. (Professional Development)
- Organizational structures foster purposeful learning and meaningful relationships. (Organizational Structures)
Culture and Community Characteristics
- The school environment is inviting, safe, inclusive, and supportive of all. (School Environment)
- Every student’s academic and personal development is guided by an adult advocate. (Adult Advocate)
- Comprehensive guidance and support services meet the needs of young adolescents. (Guidance Services)
- Health and wellness are supported in curricula, school-wide programs, and related policies. (Health and Wellness)
- The school actively involves families in the education of their children. (Family Involvement)
- The school involves community partnerships. (Community and Business)
Each student is expected to take core courses each year: English, Science, Social Studies, Mathematics, and Bible. Physical Education is taken by every student. Over the three years of middle school, students are required to complete two semesters of Performing Arts, two semesters of Computer, one semester of Practical Arts, and one semester of Art. Qualifying students may take high school level Algebra in 8th grade.
School operates from the beginning of August to the end of May. Students have seven class periods per day. The day begins at 7:10 a.m. and concludes at 2:25 p.m., with optional activities after that. The school year of around 180 days is divided into two semesters.
Faith Academy Middle School offers a varied after-school club program each quarter. Teachers offer activities that are of interest to them and students select from these. The program offers non-competitive sports with a small selection of competitive sports as well. The Student Senate is responsible for Friendship Week, lunchtime activities, parties, the Middle School Banquet, and other events. Two other major activities are Barkadas and Outdoor Education.