In This Issue:
- FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL’S OFFICE
- The Week At A Glance:
- FROM THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE
- Guardianship Of Students
- PAC (Parent Advisory Committee) CORNER
- HEARTS CONNECTED
- FILIPINO STAFF RECOGNITION
- TUESDAY PARENT’S PRAYER TIME
FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL’S OFFICE
Dear Faith Community Member,
I hope you are coping with all of the rain. I’m sure there is more to come! J We’ve already managed to have our first “rain day” of the year! Hopefully not too many more. If you did not get the text blast letting everyone know the classes were cancelled for Monday, please contact Marion Huff in the Central office at [email protected] and let her know so she can make sure you are added to our emergency phone list.
We hosted “Meet the Teacher” days in both Middle School and High School this week. Were you able to come in and talk with teachers? If you have unanswered questions or things you want to know more about the school, you are always welcome to come into any of the three division offices to find out more. The staff and teachers are here to partner with you!
If you are new to our community, don’t miss the Fellowship Breakfast taking place next Tuesday, August 21 from 7:00 – 10:00 in Cadd Room 19/20. This is sponsored by our Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) and would be a great way to meet other new families and learn more about the Faith Academy community.
Finally, from our Human Resources Office: WE NEED SUBS! But you don’t have to be a sub to volunteer! Can you sew? Do carpentry? Maybe you can translate between English and a foreign language? Can you drive a bunch of kids in your big car? Whatever you can offer in time or talent will be a great blessing to our school and well spent for the Lord. Even if you might be available only occasionally, please let us know what skills you might have so that, as your availability permits, we can use it to benefit our students. Let’s pull our skills together as a community and serve the Lord better together! We would like everyone to please complete the form in this link: VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION FORM
Head of School
The Week At A Glance:
- Regular school day
- Regular school day
- All VB ISM @ FA Mansac
- Cross Country @ FA
- Regular school day
- Ninoy Aquino Day – Regular school day (PreK-Gr. 12)
- Filipino Staff Recognition of 25 Years service
- New Families Orientation Fellowship
FROM THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE
IMPORTANT REMINDERS TO PARENTS:
The final deadline to complete the enrollment requirements is on Friday, August 17, 2018.
The division Principals have sent an email to the families with lacking requirements.
Students with incomplete requirements will not be allowed to attend classes on Monday, August 20, 2018.
Guardianship Of Students
When a student is not living with his/her parents, or in the event of the parents’ absence for a period of time, it is required by the administrative policy that a guardian is designated for the student. The designated guardian must reside within Metro Manila and must be given written permission to act on the parents’ behalf regarding the student.
The Temporary Guardianship form must be filled UP separately for each child and submitted via online. The online form can be found on our website under the Parent’s Tab or with this link:
PAC (Parent Advisory Committee) CORNER
Greetings to All NEW Families to Faith Academy!
You are invited to a Welcome Fellowship with Q&A for all New Families on Tuesday, August 21, from 7:10 a.m to 9 a.m. in Cadd Rooms 119-120 hosted by PAC (Parent Advisory Committee). This is an opportunity to get to know others in the Faith community (BETTER TOGETHER!).
Our school’s history and philosophy will be discussed as well as values, school culture and other matters which we don’t find specifically written in an FA handbook. This would be a great time to clarify any concern or issues you may have. We have invited our Principals and some key staff persons to be on the panel to answer questions you may have.
August 21 is a National Holiday but it is a school day for Faith Academy. It is also a standard Tuesday shortened day (Dismissal is at 1:30 pm) thus while your child is in class, you can opt to wait and spend the rest of the day on campus. We do hope you can join us for this welcome fellowship.
Pastries, fruits, and drinks will be served hence an RSVP would be much appreciated by August 17 for a head count. Kindly click on this link for you to reply to New Parent Q & A ( 2018 – 2019 )
For questions, you may email us at [email protected]
We look forward to meeting and spending time with you!
SAVE THE DATE Tuesday, August 21, from 7:10 a.m to 9 a.m.! (Cadd Rooms 119-120)
Dear Women of FA Community
Please save Saturday, Sept 15 for our first Hearts Connected event…9am thru Noon. This will be a fun time to eat, laugh, worship and be encouraged in the Word. Make sure to invite your friends and especially those new ladies in the community. It’s a wonderful way to connect!
More details to follow. If you have any questions just speak to Sandra Hilario, Cecily Arguna or Erika Kaopuwicki.
We really hope to see you there!
FILIPINO STAFF RECOGNITION
On August 21, Tuesday, the school community will recognize our Filipino staff who had served Faith Academy for 25 years (and more). This comprises the present and former Filipino staff. This event will start early morning at the flagpole area in the circle, a special ceremony in Cadd Theater at 1:10 pm and ends around 2:30 in the Meeting Hall.
Everyone is welcomed to witness this special time of honoring our long time Filipino staff .
TUESDAY PARENT’S PRAYER TIME
“Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.” – Max Lucado
Come and join us as we pray for our school and our kids!
Tuesday mornings from 7:15-8:30am in the Tipunan Prayer Room.
Hope to see you there!
“Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see..”
For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
- A Welcome Fellowship For All New Families - Greetings to All NEW Families to Faith Academy! You are invited to a Welcome Fellowship with Q&A for all New Families on Tuesday, August 21, from 7:10 a.m to 9 a.m. in Cadd 119 & 120 hosted by PAC (Parent Advisory Committee). This is an opportunity to get to know others in the Faith community (BETTER […]
- Three(3) Concerts at Faith - We are excited to invite you to concerts listed below. Elementary Instrumental Concert : You are cordially invited to the Elementary Instrumental Concert this Thursday, May 24th, at 1:15-2:15 p.m. in Tipunan Hall. This is where the elementary students will showcase some of the fun things we have learned in Music class this past year. Come celebrate with us […]
- 2019 – 2020 STAFF NEEDS - Staff at Faith Academy are serving the Lord through education. If you are interested in becoming a part of this amazing community, please click the link below. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your interest in Faith Academy. Click here (2019/20 Staff Needs) please.
- White Elephant Sale - Do you have used items that you want to get rid of? Let Sophomore class take care of it. The white elephant sale is happening on May 19th (Saturday) 2018, 8am-11am at the MSD covered court. (Entrance Fee : P40) Two ways you can get involved: (1) Donate your old items by placing it in […]
- Halo-Halo (Hearts Connected) - Halo-Halo Worship Night All women invited + High schoolers and middle schoolers with an adult Date : May 4, 2018 / 6pm Venue : Tipunan Hall – Faith Academy