- Head of School Update – August 13 - Please make sure you fill out the Learning Materials from Faith survey Principals will be sending videos for their Parent Orientations by Monday, August 17 There will be a Parent Q&A session on August 20– ESD- 1:00 pm, MSD- 2:00 pm, HSD – 3:00 pm. Check your email for the Zoom links. Click here to […]
- Head of School Update – Aug 7 - Our school theme for this year is Minds Made New We are asking that if you are planning on withdrawing your child from Faith Academy that you do so by August 10. We sent a survey to our families to fill out about picking up materials for distance learning. Please fill that out by August […]
- Head of School Update – July 31 - The Administration continues to meet to plan for the 2020-2021 school year. We will send out information soon about the parent orientation to distance learning. Thank you to all of you who attended our Town Hall Meetings. If you were not able to attend, you can watch the recording of the meeting. I sent the […]
- Head of School Update – July 18 - Based on feedback and our research on effective distance learning programs, we have made the following decisions: Instruction will be asynchronous (not live) There will be regular synchronous interactions with teachers to check-in and answer questions. These check-ins will not only be for academic purposes, but will also address the social, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing […]
- Head of School Update – July 10 - There are challenges associated with distance learning, and we know that you may be exploring schooling options for the 2020-2021 school year. We believe that Faith Academy is an excellent choice because we will continue to offer a Christian education, which is facilitated by dedicated teachers who care for our students’ academic, social, physical, and […]
In This Issue:
FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL’S OFFICE
Dear Faith Academy Community Member,
This Psalm was read aloud in a devotion time recently. It has some very timely reminders for us as we navigate uncertain and challenging times.
1 God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble.
2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
and the mountains crumble into the sea.
3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! Interlude
4 A river brings joy to the city of our God,
the sacred home of the Most High.
5 God dwells in that city; it cannot be destroyed.
From the very break of day, God will protect it.
6 The nations are in chaos,
and their kingdoms crumble!
God’s voice thunders,
and the earth melts!
7 The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is here among us;
the God of Israel[b] is our fortress. Interlude
8 Come, see the glorious works of the Lord:
See how he brings destruction upon the world.
9 He causes wars to end throughout the earth.
He breaks the bow and snaps the spear;
he burns the shields with fire.
10 “Be still, and know that I am God!
I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world.”
11 The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is here among us;
the God of Israel is our fortress. Interlude
May we each take the time to be still, and know that our God is in control!
There were many that noted the President’s declaration of school closure for the NCR on Monday night, March 9. As part of Cainta, we are not a member of the NCR. The NCR is made up of the following cities: Manila, Quezon City, Caloocan, Las Piñas, Makati, Malabon, Mandaluyong, Marikina, Muntinlupa, Navotas, Parañaque, Pasay, Pasig, San Juan, Taguig, and Valenzuela, as well as the municipality of Pateros.
Please do continue to pray for us as we weigh the issues and make decisions for our school community. Our top priority remains the safety and well-being of our students, staff and community. We are trying to strike a balance between making wise decisions regarding continuing to provide the best educational experience possible in this situation and curtailing the risks for our community. There are a lot of loud voices these days. Each time we come to the point of making school closure-type decisions, the first thing we do is to consult the “Lord of Heaven’s Armies” and ask for guidance and direction.
Serving with you,
Head of School
THE WEEK AT A GLANCE:
- Regular school day for MSD/HSD
- Parent-Teacher Conf. -ESD (no classes PreK-Gr.5)
- Senior Trip
- PTC – ESD/MSD
- No Classes ESD/MSD
- Regular Classes HSD
- Senior Trip
- Senior Trip
- March break
- March break
MARION FRY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP AND TYCS SCHOLARSHIP
Applications are now open for two needs-based scholarships being offered to missionary families. Awardees will have the monetary amount applied as a reduction in their school fees. Details of the scholarships are as follows:
Maron Fry Memorial Scholarship
Marion Fry’s desire was to offer scholarship funds to students whose parents are full-time missionaries who have clear financial need, and who demonstrate a Christian life in word and in deed.
Two $1,000 scholarships are to be awarded, one to a MSD student and one to a HSD student.
The TYCS scholarship is to be awarded to missionary kids (MKs) who need financial support at Faith Academy. TYCS is a logistics company based in the Philippines, Vietnam and the USA. The children of company’s president, Mr. Tai Hoon Kim, attended Faith Academy from 2013 to 2017. They deeply appreciate the positive influence Faith Academy had in molding their children to be more Christ-like. Hence, the Kims would love to continue the partnership with Faith Academy in providing quality Christian education for children of missionaries.
Two $1,000 scholarships are to be awarded to one Korean student and one non-Korean student from grades 1 – 11.
To apply fill in the form(s) available in the links below and complete the additional requirements by March 27th, 2019. Send completed application forms to [email protected]
Please also note that if you are in financial need you are welcome to set up a time to talk to either the Business Administrator or the Deputy Head of School to explore ways that the school may be able to help.
~ Peter Winslade
On Saturday, March 14, from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm, we will be administering the SAT exams at the Meeting Hall. If you are on campus that day please avoid that area (e.g. Tipunan Hall, MSD Courtyard, etc.) and please try to be quiet. Thank you.
Faith test takers are expected to comply with the SAT admission requirements; please bring your Admission Ticket and proper picture ID (Faith ID is acceptable). Also bring #2 pencils, calculator and snacks and drink. Read carefully the College Board’s instructions that they sent to you by email. Mrs. Gocon
WHITE ELEPHANT 2020
This year’s White Elephant sale at Faith Academy is coming up on May 16th and the Grade 10 Class Officers are looking for vendors who would like to sell their own things.
For this year, there will be no table fee, but vendor commissions will be 15% of your sales.
To reserve your spot, email Mr. O’Day at [email protected] with the following information:
Your assistant’s name
Cell phone number
Number of tables requested (size: 2×4 ft)
Seth will email you a contract to fill out and bring to the White Elephant sale. You may also text him at 0927-438-8451 if you have any questions.
“You need not fear the terror of the night, Nor the arrow that flies by day,
Though thousands fall about you, Near you it shall not come…
And He will raise you up on eagle’s wings, Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun, And hold you in the palm of His Hand”
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psa. 91:1-2
- FA Latest COVID-19 News - Because of the decisions made by the Philippines' Department of Education, we have decided that we will follow a distance learning model for the first semester.
- Congratulations! Class of 2020 -
- Partnering to Feed Our Neighbors - Faith Academy is aiding our informal settler neighbors with food relief and food for the soul.
- Online Learning - Faith Academy will continue Online Learning through until the last day of the school year, May 28, 2020.
- NEW HEAD OF SCHOOL - We are thankful to God for the new Head of School, Leighton Helwig, who was unanimously approved by the Board on Dec. 9, 2019