In This Issue:
- FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL’S OFFICE
- The Week At A Glance:
- PAC @ FAITH
- PAUSE – 2019 HEARTS CONNECTED WOMEN’S RETREAT
- 2019 PRS BASKETBALL
- TUESDAY PRAYER GROUP
FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL’S OFFICE
Dear Faith Community Member,
Bless the Lord, Oh my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Psalm 103:1
This is the verse going through my head, even as events swirl around that would argue against it. This is the challenge for us, isn’t it? It is easy to sing a happy ditty when the sun is shining brightly and the birds are singing sweetly. But when the tempest blows and the winds of adversity strike, that is when we are challenged in our spirits to keep our hearts in tune with this scripture. God is indeed good, all the time!
Next week is International Week in Elementary. This is a fun week full of many engaging and unique experiences that help remind our students of the broad spectrum of countries and cultures represented in our community and world.
Along with the focus on the International scene in elementary, the Faith Academy Parent Advisory Committee is sponsoring the International Community Potluck Picnic on Tuesday, February 26. The fun will begin at 2:00 on this early release from school day and run until 4:30. The hope is that the early time slot will enable families with young children to join in. Come on out for some “Yeehaw” fun! 🙂
Next week Thursday, February 28 the Seniors will be going on their annual Senior Trip. Please pray for safety in travel, wise decision-making and a wonderful time of enjoying each other’s company. The group will be gone through Sunday, March 3 returning to school on that Monday, March 4.
Serving with you,
Head of School
The Week At A Glance:
- Regular school day
- Swim club
- Regular school day
- Lockdown drill
- OE Dinner
- Exco Event
- Regular school day (EDSA day)
- Start ESD International Week
- NHS Induction
- The Well
- Regular school day
- ESD International Week
- ESD/MSD Chapel
PAC @ FAITH
- THE WORLD NEEDS A FATHER
Movies, television and culture-at-large often demean and belittle the role of fatherhood. Dads are portrayed as inept and aloof men who’s best contribution to the family is the paycheck they bring home and a willingness to resign to “whatever Mom says.” However, studies consistently confirm what the Bible reveals, THE WORLD NEEDS A FATHER.
Founded on common sense, decades of global studies and biblical principals for healthy families, THE WORLD NEEDS A FATHER is a global movement of dads committed to building unbreakable families and a healthy community. TWNAF helps fathers bring heaven home.
This life-changing, father-affirming seminar is coming to Faith Academy on Tuesday morning, February 26th, 8am-12noon. The event is FREE and will be held in rooms Cadd 119-120.
THE WORLD NEEDS A FATHER is presented by BRIDGE for dads of Faith Academy students, in conjunction with the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC). Refreshments will be provided.
- ALL SCHOOL INTERNATIONAL POTLUCK PICNIC
Save the date and join us for the “All School International Potluck, Picnic” on Tuesday, February 26th at the Elementary Soccer Field from 2-4:30 pm.
The PAC committee received such positive feedback from last semester’s All School Picnic that we decided to merge the annual International Potluck (where you bring a dish from your culture) with the picnic style.
Since we are such a diverse community, whenever we gather, for any occasion, it is an international day of fun! Bring a blanket, lawn chairs, games, and food to share (enough for 8 – 10 people). We will also have a time of worship!
~ PAC Committee
PAUSE – 2019 HEARTS CONNECTED WOMEN’S RETREAT
Register and submit your payment to the Faith Academy Business Office until February 12th! (Dorm Style Room: P2700 / Family Room: P3200 – Limited Space Left!)
Ladies, come join us as we press pause on our busy lives and get away for a fun weekend together. Time to rest, relax, and refresh ourselves in worship, God’s Word, and creation. We are excited to have Deonna Tan-Chi come and share with us on Saturday morning. February 22-24, 2019 at Rizal Re-Creation Center.
We hope that you can make this time for yourself – register here, bring a friend and get ready to make some new ones!
2019 PRS BASKETBALL
Good Day Parents,
Here is the link to register for 2019 PRS Basketball:
PRS Basketball is for boys and girls, grade K-8, who want to learn the game in a fun environment. There is casual to competitive divisions for all sizes and skill levels.
PRS Basketball is open to Faith Students, home school students, your children’s friends from the community, children who your ministry impacts, and anyone else who wants to have fun and learn the game in a friendly setting.
*Children who cannot abide by generally acceptable behavior guidelines in regards to facilities and safety on and off the court will be asked to take a week off. If behavior persists, repeat offenders will be prohibited from participation.
PRS Basketball ALL parent meeting and player registration will take place Saturday, March 2 in the Hardeman gymnasium
We will meet with each age group separately: If your child is on the edge, and you would like to put them in a different division, based on size or skill, we are happy to accommodate. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about that.
Beginners Division (K – 2nd Grade) 9:00 am
Intermediate Division (3rd – 5th Grade) 10:00 am
Advanced Division (6th – 8th Grade) 11:00 am
The plan is for the season to run from Saturday, March 9 through May 11, with school breaks and holidays for 2 straight Saturdays in the middle (March 16, March 23). Faith Academy Facilities will often affect this, so it is subject to change.
8 Saturdays of training, coaching and playing, plus an awards ceremony and pizza party for all participants on the final weekend.
The early registration cost for PRS is 800 pesos, plus 500 pesos for the uniform. 1300 pesos total with parent commitment (see below).
Late Registration will be 1000 pesos, plus 500 Uniform, plus parent commitment.
PRS stands for PARENT RUN SPORTS. Each basketball division relies heavily on parent involvement.
As a parent, we either need you to volunteer, or we need you to help us fund a student volunteer (200 pesos).
We are in need of: Coaches, Referees, Scorekeepers, Skills Teachers, Registration Assistants, Uniform Organizers, Team Managers, etc.
Thanks for considering if and where you can help!
If you have any questions of concerns, please feel free to email me: [email protected]
Won by One,
TUESDAY PRAYER GROUP
We can do nothing without prayer. All things can be done by importunate prayer. It surmounts or removes all obstacles, overcomes every resisting force and gains its ends in the face of invincible hindrances. ~ E.M. Bounds
Friends, let’s come together and pray for our school and our community!
Tuesday mornings at 7:15 am in the Tipunan Prayer Room.
“Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise…”
But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift.
- All School International Potluck Picnic - Save the date and join us for the “All School International Potluck, Picnic” on Tuesday, February 26th at the Elementary Soccer Field from 2 pm – 4:30 pm. The PAC committee received positive feedback from last semester’s All School Picnic that we decided to merge the annual International Potluck (where you bring a dish from your culture) […]
- 2019 – 2020 STAFF OPPORTUNITIES - Staff at Faith Academy are serving the Lord through education. If you are interested in becoming a part of this amazing community, please click the link below. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your interest in Faith Academy. Click here (2019/2020 Staff Opportunities) please.
- PAUSE – 2019 HEARTS CONNECTED WOMEN’S RETREAT - Ladies, come join us as we press pause on our busy lives and get away for a fun weekend together. Time to rest, relax, and refresh ourselves in worship, God’s Word, and creation. We are excited to have Deonna Tan-Chi come and share with us on Saturday morning. February 22-24, 2019 at Rizal Re-Creation Center. […]
- TALENT NIGHT 2019 - This Saturday January 19, at 6.30 pm in Cadd Theater will be Faith Academy’s annual Talent Night show. Come see this showcase of talent in our community. One night only so don’t miss out! Tickets on sale from the Business Office – P200 for adults, P150 for high school students & younger. To really make […]
- Alumni New Year’s Eve Lunch - Faith Academy Alumni are invited to join our Alumni New Year’s Eve Celebration from 12:30-2:30 pm on December 31st at the Elementary Covered Court. All staff are also invited to join. There is a P200 charge for current staff to cover meal costs. We would love to see you there to welcome back our alumni! To […]