In This Issue:
- FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL’S OFFICE
- The Week At A Glance:
- FROM THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE
- HEALTH OFFICE REMINDER – ATHLETIC PHYSICAL EXAM
- REQUEST FOR HEALTH RECORDS
- FROM THE ATHLETICS DIRECTOR
- LIBRARY REMINDER
- “Congratulations to the Graduating Class of 2018!!”
FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL’S OFFICE
Dear Faith Academy Community Member,
The final week of school. Looking back, we have seen God do incredible things over the course of this year. Our EIIC Bill (Educational Institute of International Character) has been brought to both the House of Representatives and had a hearing in the Senate. We were granted tax-exempt status again and subsequently given donee status by the PCNC (Philippine Council for NGO certification). We’ve also been granted a full six-year term accreditation for our academic program and a full five-year term for our boarding program (both at the maximum allowed). Our long awaited 501(c)(3) was launched, and we had a successful first year of our LEAP program (Learning English for Academic Purposes). All of these things proclaim loud reminders of our Provider God operating on our behalf. Thank you, Lord!
Please pray for our students and staff to finish the year strong. Pray especially for our Seniors as they not only have the pressures of completing assignments, preparing for the graduation speeches, and saying goodbye to friends who they may never see again. They are also thinking about their future with its many uncertainties.
It has been a privilege for us to partner with the families of the Faith Academy community this year. I am excited to see what God brings in the year ahead!
Blessing on your time away from school during our break.
Head of School
The Week At A Glance:
- Regular school day
- Gr. 6 & 7 Award Presentation
- HSD Final Exams
- Last day of school
- Closing ceremony -Early dismissal
- 8th Gr. Ceremony
- HSD Graduation
- Start of Summer break
- Summer break
- Summer break
FROM THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE
- FURLOUGH OR LEAVING:
For those leaving, please go to this link and fill up the forms for Data and IT purposes: https://goo.gl/forms/3PTiWDa6po9lmB4X2
- ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR SY 2018/19
To all who have re-enrolled their children for SY 2018-19 please do monitor the status of your enrollment requirements in the registration page of your child to make sure you are able to complete them by June 30, 2018.
For those who have not re-enrolled but plan to do so, it is not too late but kindly note that due to the summer break, there may be a delay in processing your applications.
For more questions or clarifications, feel free to contact me:
Karen “Queenie” Tan
HEALTH OFFICE REMINDER – ATHLETIC PHYSICAL EXAM
For those of you with high school students that are interested in trying out for high school sports next school year AND they have not yet participated in high school sports at Faith Academy OR they had an athletic physical exam MORE than 2 years ago:
All students who want to try out for sports in high school are REQUIRED to have an athletic physical exam done every two years. We are offering an opportunity for your student to get this exam done ON CAMPUS before tryouts begin. It will be on the day of registration – Tuesday, July 31, from 2:30 to 5 pm. It will be held in the Meeting Hall – the room downstairs from the Tipunan courtyard. There will be signs to help you find your way.
This exam is done by a team of professional and qualified nurses, doctors and physical therapists. Some students that have gotten this physical exam done off campus have paid up to P 1,750. We are able to offer it for just P 600. Attached is a questionnaire that needs to be filled out BEFORE coming to the exam. You will need to help your student answer questions # 10, 11 & 12. When they come for the exam on July 31, they will need to bring this form, filled out, as well as P 600.
Many of your students had this exam done two or more years ago – it is time to have it done again! If you don’t know when they last had it done, they can either stop by the Health Services to check our list, or you can ask for that information by email.
If you want your student to take advantage of the Athletic Physical offered on campus, please email the Health Services at [email protected] to sign them up by Friday, July 13.
Remember, this physical exam needs to be done BEFORE your high school student will be allowed to try out for any sport this school year!! Get signed up by July 13!!
If you know of any new families that may not be connected to their Faith email, please pass the word along.
Click here to download the form.
REQUEST FOR HEALTH RECORDS
To those of you who are not returning to Faith Academy for the next school year, if you would like to have your child’s health records for the school they will attend next school year, please send the request to the health office ([email protected]) by May 30 or before.
After June 1, there will be no one in the office until July who can give you those records.
651-7100 ext 752
FROM THE ATHLETICS DIRECTOR
Dear Faith Community
Here are the coaching needs for next school year (2018-2019)
Please let me know if you are interested in coaching or someone who can help out.
1st Season ( August – October)
- JV Boys Volleyball
- JV Girls Volleyball
- JV Boys Soccer
- JV Girls Soccer
2nd Season ( Nov- Feb)
- JV Boys Basketball
- JV Girls Basketball
- JV Touch Rugby
- Varsity Touch Rugby
- Girls Tennis
- Boys Tennis
Please email me at [email protected] if you have questions or need more information.
Due to the lack of staff in the library, the earlier announcement for July 18, 2018, Summer Checkout schedule is cancelled.
The following dates are the Summer Checkout schedule:
June 6, 2018, Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. 11:30 a.m.
June 20, 2018, Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. 11:30 a.m.
“Congratulations to the Graduating Class of 2018!!”
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
- Three(3) Concerts at Faith - We are excited to invite you to concerts listed below. Elementary Instrumental Concert : You are cordially invited to the Elementary Instrumental Concert this Thursday, May 24th, at 1:15-2:15 p.m. in Tipunan Hall. This is where the elementary students will showcase some of the fun things we have learned in Music class this past year. Come celebrate with us […]
- 2018 – 2019 STAFF NEEDS - Staff at Faith Academy are serving the Lord through education. If you are interested in becoming a part of this amazing community, please click the link below. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your interest in Faith Academy. Click here (2018/19 Staff Needs) please.
- White Elephant Sale - Do you have used items that you want to get rid of? Let Sophomore class take care of it. The white elephant sale is happening on May 19th (Saturday) 2018, 8am-11am at the MSD covered court. (Entrance Fee : P40) Two ways you can get involved: (1) Donate your old items by placing it in […]
- Halo-Halo (Hearts Connected) - Halo-Halo Worship Night All women invited + High schoolers and middle schoolers with an adult Date : May 4, 2018 / 6pm Venue : Tipunan Hall – Faith Academy
- The Wizard of Oz - April 19 at 4:00 PM April 20-21 at 6:30 PM Faith Academy Cadd Theater Ticket Price: Adult – P250 Student – P200