In This Issue:
- FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL’S OFFICE
- The Week At A Glance:
- TEMPORARY GUARDIANSHIP DESIGNATION FORM
- THE WORLD NEEDS A FATHER CONTINUES ITS SUCCESS!
- WHITE ELEPHANT SALE 2019
- TUESDAY PRAYER GROUP
- FREE MAGIC SHOW
FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL’S OFFICE
Dear Faith Community Member,
Don’t get too used to these short weeks….this is the last one for this year! 🙂 From now on out it is a serious push to the end of the school year. Speaking of that, for those planning to return
next year, please pay close attention to the next couple paragraphs.
Enrollment requirements are to be completed by July 24 for the upcoming school year. If your application has been accepted and you have paid all of the required fees, your child’s seat has already been reserved for the upcoming school year. The listed requirements (both online forms and paperwork) must be submitted by July 24, 2019. The Health Office and Child Safety Team will need at least 6 days to review and process your submitted forms before they can click “Complete” so be mindful of the schedule. If each requirement is not marked “Complete” by the first day of school, the student will not be allowed to begin classes.
We have several positions that still need to be filled for school to take place next year. Some of the critical positions include: Elementary teachers, English teachers for High School and Middle
School, and ELL teachers. Please join us in praying and getting the word out there. God is more than able!
May you have a blessed Easter celebration this weekend as you focus on the wonderful
provision made by our Lord and Savior through Calvary!
Head of School
The Week At A Glance:
- No School
- Maundy Thursday
- No School
- Holy Friday
- Pool Open
- Regular school day
- Regular school day
TEMPORARY GUARDIANSHIP DESIGNATION FORM
When a student is not living with his/her parents, or in the event of the parents’ absence for a period of time, it is required by administrative policy that a guardian be designated for the student. The designated guardian must reside within Metropolitan Manila, and must be given written permission to act on the parents’ behalf regarding the student.
Guardians (short or long term) must be 18 or over, and hold a valid Philippine visa or passport. Must be able to:
- Take care of transportation needs (e.g., to and from school or to a medical facility). This person must hold a valid Philippine driving licence.
- Make medical decisions if parents cannot be contacted.
- Pay for emergency medical costs.
- Provide full-time supervision and care (emotional and physical).
- Adequately supervise and facilitate the student’s school activities and responsibilities.
Here is a link to fill out the form: Guardian Designation Form
Please note that this information is important to us in order to care for your child well. Once filled in the information is passed on to our Health Office, to the respective division(s), and kept on file by the registrar. The form should be filled out even if you are going away for just one or two nights.
Here is how to find the form on the Faith Academy Website when you need to use it:
- Click on the ‘Parents’ menu icon
- Click on ‘Temporary Guardianship’ from the list of More Information
- Click on ‘Complete the Guardian Designation Form Online’
THE WORLD NEEDS A FATHER CONTINUES ITS SUCCESS!
“This was very helpful, authentic, real and revealed how even my relationship with my father plays a significant role in my relationship with my children”
Sponsored by BRIDGE (PAC subcommittee) will hold the 3rd session of The World Needs a Father. Tuesday, April 30th. Please consider joining other dads. Moms are also welcome to join.
Snacks will be provided and the venue will be in the Faith Academy Meeting Hall from 8 am to 12 noon.
Make sure to RSVP to [email protected] to help with headcount (subject line: TWNAF rsvp)
WHITE ELEPHANT SALE 2019
This year’s White Elephant sale at Faith Academy is coming up on May 18th and the Sophomore Class Officers are looking for vendors who would like to sell their own things. Tables will be P100 and the vendor commissions will be 12.5% of your sales.
To reserve your spot, email Mr. Chow at [email protected] with the following information:
- Your name
- Your assistant’s name
- Cell phone number
- Number of tables requested (size: 2×4 ft)
Dennis will then send you a contract to fill out and bring to the White Elephant sale. You may also text him at 0917-673-2018 if you have any questions. Thank you!
TUESDAY PRAYER GROUP
Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Come join us as we pray for our students, our school, and our community! 7:15-8: 30 am Tuesday mornings in the Tipunan prayer room
FREE MAGIC SHOW
All Elementary school children are invited to attend a free Christian-themed magic show presented by “The (sort of) Great Randini” on Tuesday, April 30 from 2:00-2:45 in the Faith Academy Meeting Hall*. The theme is “Better Together with Jesus!” Please note that all children must be accompanied by an adult to attend. If you have any questions, please contact Hope Owens, [email protected]. The Meeting Hall is below Tipunan Hall.
“He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart.”
He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay
Matt. 28:6 (ESV)
- White Elephant Sale 2019 - This year’s White Elephant sale at Faith Academy is coming up. Date & Time : May 18th(Sat) 2019. 8 am to 11:30 am. Place : MSD court, Faith Academy
- The Music Man - Faith Academy presents Meredith Wilson’s ‘The Music Man’
- Stir it up (Prayer Vigil) - We will be having a prayer night this Friday, March 29 from 7-9pm in Tipunan. There will be special guests from Calvary University helping run this event. It will be a time to reflect and pray as we begin the 4th quarter. We hope to see you there! Free drinks will be served!
- All-Choir/Guitar Concert - Come enjoy an evening of delightful music! The annual All-Choir/Guitar Concert will be held on Thursday, March 14, at 6:00 PM in Cadd Theater. The concert will feature each guitar and choir ensemble, plus a mass-choir finale made up of over 150 singers! Hope to see you there!
- ACSC Honor Band Festival Concert - Saturday, March 9. 2019 3:30 pm – Cadd Theater Free Admission