In This Issue:
- FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL’S OFFICE
- The Week At A Glance:
- PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES
- MSD OPENING CONCERT
- REMINDER FROM THE LIBRARY
- SOCCER CLINICS
- SAT @ FAITH
- PAC CORNER
FROM THE HEAD OF SCHOOL’S OFFICE
Dear Faith Community Member,
The burning question this week is: Will Faith Academy have school on Thursday!!? This unusual day that President Duterte has dubbed: “A National Day of Protest” has certainly given us pause and made us seriously consider what the best course of action should be. Unlike with weather issues, we do not have reports and updates to rely on as to whether or not we should call off classes. All public schools have been cancelled, but it has been made clear that private schools can make their own decision on the matter. We have reached out to other schools to see what they are doing. We have polled several of our Filipino friends and have prayed and asked for prayers for wisdom in making the right decision. In the end, we are making the call to go ahead and proceed with classes. However, please do what is best for your family and for the safety of your children. If you believe it would place them in jeopardy to travel from the city to the campus and back, please do keep them home for the day.
Thursday afternoon is our first Middle School Concert of the year. Please join us from 3:30 – 5:30 in Cadd Theatre.
Preparation for our accreditation visit in March continues. Please pray for the committees as they wrap up their portions of the report in the next few weeks. Also pray for our Curriculum Director, Brian Foutz, for wisdom and insight as he puts the whole report together and writes the final summation, etc.
Serving with you,
Head of School
The Week At A Glance:
- Regular school day
- MSD Opening Concert
- Regular school day
- Regular school day
- Regular school day
Our first-semester Parent-Teacher Conferences will be on Thursday, September 28, and Friday, September 29. Here are the details for each division:
Elementary students will be hosting their teachers and parents to share goals and exhibit examples of what they have learned. This is an opportunity for parents to collaborate with their child/ren and their teacher for the child’s continued growth at school. A form (hardcopy) was sent home on the 11th with the schedule for each appointment. Please note that in addition to core academic areas, teachers of Art, Music, Computer, PE, ELL, Korean, and Tagalog will also be available.
Middle School Division
Middle school conferences will be held at the top floor of the St Clair classroom wing. Rooms S300, S301 and S302 will be set up with conference desks for individualized conferences with teachers. As always, refreshments will be served. Conferences will go from 8:00-11:30 am and 12:30-2:30 pm on both days. Please note that High School conferences are on Friday only. If you cannot make the conferences and wish to meet with teachers at another time, you may arrange a schedule with the individual teacher.
High School Division
High school conferences will take place on Friday only from 12:00 pm until 4:00 pm in Tipunan Hall. All high school teachers will be available during this time, and parents may sign up for 10-minute sessions with any teacher(s) they would like to talk to. Please refer to your child’s grades and class information on Sycamore to help determine which teachers you would like to meet with. Office staff will also be available during the conference time to address questions about high school programs and testing.
MSD OPENING CONCERT
The Faith Academy Fine Arts Department is pleased to announce our opening concerts for the 2017-2018 school year. The Middle School Band, Choir, and Strings will perform on Thursday, September 21 at 3:30 pm in Cadd Theater. The High School Band, Choir, and Strings will perform on Thursday, September 28 at 6:00 pm in Cadd Theater. Don’t miss the opening song, which will feature the combined choirs and band.
REMINDER FROM THE LIBRARY
Parents, please return all library books directly to the library rather than the middle school book drop as that is for middle school students only. This will ensure we receive your books on time and avoid fines. Thank you.
*Is your child disappointed that they missed the soccer clinic? Don’t worry; we’re offering one more clinic!
*Kindergarten through Grade 8 are invited
*Last clinic will be on September 25 after school from 2:40-4:20 pm
*P200 per child (note if you already registered/paid for both clinics before the first one, no need to do anything else!)
(Note this price is with early registration; additional P50/clinic without)
*Early Registration on September 21-22 @ Elementary Map & MS stone bench 2:15-2:45 pm
*Clinic participants will meet on Sy soccer field
*Can also just show up at 2:30pm on September 25 to join
*Invite your friends! Bring your water bottle, and come have some fun with the girls soccer team!
*Led by Varsity Girls Soccer Team to raise money for their trip to Thailand!
SAT @ FAITH
On Oct 7 (Saturday), from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, we will be administering the SAT exams at CADD 106, 110, 119, 120 and Tipunan Hall. If you are on campus that day please avoid that area and keep the noise level to a minimum as well. Thank you.
Faith test takers are expected to comply with the SAT admission requirements, please bring your Admission Ticket and proper ID. Read carefully the College Board’s instructions that they sent to you by email!
For the first time we ran out of slots for the Oct. 7 SAT. Register online for the March 10, 2018 SAT as soon as possible! Take note that SAT Subject tests will not be available on March. It will be our next and last SAT exam administration this school year. If you run out of slots you need to take it elsewhere. ~Mrs. Gumpal
You Asked, We Checked:
For payments past due, a 2% interest per month is added to our dues. Why does our Sycamore account need to be frozen then? Aren’t we penalized enough?
This was discussed by the administration team. They saw the continuance of this practice as important because it relates to the releasing of school academic records based upon payment for services. Parents facing financial difficulties are encouraged to be in dialogue with the business office.
Peter Winslade, Deputy Head of School
“Please help me Lord in all I do,
To act and think with motives true
And by Your love reveal to me
Those sins that only You can see!”
Search me O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties and see if there is any wicked way in me
- PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES - Our first-semester Parent-Teacher Conferences will be on Thursday, September 29, and Friday, September 30. Here are the details for each division: Elementary Division Elementary students will be hosting their teachers and parents to share goals and exhibit examples of what they have learned. This is an opportunity for parents to collaborate with their child/ren and […]
- Opening concerts for the 2017-2018 school year - The Faith Academy Fine Arts Department is pleased to announce our opening concerts for the 2017-2018 school year. The Middle School Band, Choir, and Strings will perform on Thursday, September 21 at 3:30PM in Cadd Theater. The High School Band, Choir, and Strings will perform on Thursday, September 28 at 6:00PM in Cadd Theater. Don’t miss the opening song, […]
- Hearts Connected(Sept 2nd(Sat), 2017) - We are so excited to invite you to the following event! Please kindly click here to RSVP. Those who RSVP online by August 25th will be included in a drawing for a special gift! If you are not able to come this time, please click here to register so that we can be sure to invite you for the next […]
- 2017-2018 Staff Needs(As Of Aug 2017) - Staff at Faith Academy are serving the Lord through education. If you are interested in becoming a part of this amazing community, please email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your interest in Faith Academy.
- High School Finale Concert - You are cordially invited to the High School Finale Concert featuring all the high school band, choir, guitar and string ensembles on Friday, May 19 at 6:30 p.m. in Cadd Theater. There will be a Special Tribute to Graduating Seniors and Departing Staff. Please join us!